Friday, December 22, 2006

Adsense Millionaires

Some of my friends ask me how much I make from Adsense ads in this blog. Not much. Very few people click on those ads. I know that lot of people make money using the articles I write. But, they don’t bother to click on these ads.

However, there are some guys who make hundreds of thousands of dollars using Adsense. John Chow dot Com wrote about that. Here is the article link: http://www.johnchow.com/the-internets-biggest-google-whores/

I heard about plentyoffish website. This is like another craigslist, but just the personals section. Nothing specific to casual encounters though! I guess fish is the first mover in Canada in the personals category.

I came to know about John Chow’s blog from a friend. This blog has the sub-heading “Miscellaneous Ramblings of Dot-com Mogul”. I tried to find out which dot-com had him as Mogul, couldn’t find it. His blog has really good traffic (around 200k visits per month) and Alexa ranking of 3,380.

John Chow writes on variety of topics. His blog covers Investing, Technology, Internet, etc., I expected lot more business ideas and commentaries from John because of his prior experiences as “Dot-com Mogul”.

Another interesting post I found in John’s blog is about high-tech urinal. http://www.johnchow.com/the-worlds-most-high-tech-urinal/ When I see people pee in the streets it’s so disgusting. I think all cities should install this. BTW, if you think only Indians do this in the streets, it’s comforting to know that even Westerners do this.

Disclosure: This is a sponsored post.

No comments: