Sunday, October 29, 2006

Flight timings - Real time information

I wrote about this in my tamil blog. I am sure it would help lot of people, so here is the info.

If you need real-time flight conditions at your local airport, http://www.flightstats.com provides the data on departures and arrivals at airports around the world. I didn't believe that this site would cover Indian airports. To my surprise, Chennai airport is listed in this site, I can see real-time information about all flights leaving Chennai airport. This site lists flight info for all major airports in India.

I like the way this site does auto-complete. Type MAA in the airport field, you will see what I mean. This site shows the status of all scheduled inbound and outbound flights, including how long a delay might last.

Some other sites like faa.gov, flightarrivals.com, flightview.com and flytecomm.com, also track flights and provide information on last-minute scheduling changes.

No comments: